Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blog Post #10 Course Reflection

At the start of this class I was scared to hold a camera. Previous incidents made me nervous, and a lack of exposure to getting out and filming made me feel hesitant to try. I think the main thing this class did was teach me that you have to be comfortable with doing what needs done. By necessity I got more relaxed holding a camera because I needed to be out looking for beautiful shots for my reel. By necessity I needed to learn how to communicate and trust my team.

I think hands on classes like these are vital to any student's success and any TCF student whom passes up this class is truly missing out. Sports filmers could learn about camera specs for location shoots, journalists could learn about communicating with directors, editors can learn about the intent of shots, and directors can learn about how to turn ideas into reality. This class is simply a must have for anyone in the department.

The course load is fair and I found myself surprised with how smoothly I managed to get each assignment done. While some weeks felt quite intense I actually didn't get into too much trouble with time constraints. The lessons were insightful and the material was relevant. You really can't ask for much more.

I hope to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment